By Mo Crossman
🌀Alright. There’s a lot involved with this FLOATING thing everyone is talking about! I went today and here is my review!
1. Bring music & make sure it can plug into an AUX cable. Mine couldn’t because it’s the new iPhone 7. I had to listen to muffled music through my iPhone speaker with ear plugs in (provided), submerged in water. 😞 If you have the AUX option- it plugs into the pod’s system & plays over pod speakers! That would have been cool! My husband, Bryan, had no music because we left his phone home. 🤔
2. If you’re taller than me, you won’t like this portion. You hit/touch the edges the ENTIRE. TIME. (poor Bryan). I’m 5’7″ & hit the edges every 15-30 seconds. I think they need to have a larger pod for people over 5’8″+, honestly!! Some of the time, you’d hit the edge that had sharp crystallized salts adhered. That kinda actually HURT.😒
3. Pod door opened or closed? (Or cracked). This, for me was the biggest problem. If it was opened I was FAAAAREEEEEZING! If it was closed, I was claustrophobic & could not breathe. It was stuffy & mildly stifling. So, I cracked it a bit & turned 180° so more of my legs & feet were by the opening as opposed to my head/trunk of my body. That made a big enough difference to *try* relaxing. I never actually relaxed… and you’re supposed to FALL ASLEEP?!?! 😮😌
4. There is SO. MUCH. SALT in that pod. Holy crap, yo! Once it touches your skin, it was smooth & very pleasant… after a few minutes it hardened & tightened my skin & made me itch 😲… they had a spray bottle & hand towel for spraying face/eyes if that happened & it did. 10+ times. I understand there has to be a lot of salt & I’m telling you what – I was buoyancy’s bitch!
5. Being buoyant was amazing & surreal but I don’t think I’d ever say it was relaxing. At one point, I was so buoyant that the arch in my back was so exaggerated that it actually felt kind of painful & I was having actual muscle spasms. That *may* have been a good thing? I don’t know.
6. 90 minutes was WAAAAAAY too long. I would have been content with 45. I was actually looking forward to getting out & showering more than anything… 🙄🚿… and I’ll tell you what… that shower was FAN.TAS.TIC.
7. The salt made my skin smooth & my hair, too! It didn’t make my fingers & toes ‘prune-y’ but I sort of figured it wouldn’t because of all the salt!
8. The facility were immaculate & beautiful. Very accommodating. Wonderful atmosphere & surrounding. Free tea & water… the tea was delicious.
9. I recommend TRYING it but I think 30/45 mins is sufficient (I don’t know what the options are off the top of my head) and you’ll get the ‘jist’ of the experience from that amount of time.
10. Bryan got salt in his eyes & had some other open wounds (scratches, etc.) affected (even with the recommended & free petroleum packets given). Poor sweetie. He was a good sport but had very similar reviews.
Out of 5 stars? ⭐️⭐️⭐️